Friday, June 22, 2007

Jerry and the Stump



I was returning from an assignment yesterday and I turned a corner to see this elderly gentleman wrestling a ginormous piece of wood with a small handsaw. I couldn't help but stop and ended up chatting with him for quite awhile. To no suprise he was hilarious and he told me about photography and WWII where he would trade B&W prints to other GI's for goods and services. He said his son was borrowing his chainsaw and he didn't want to call him cause then he "can't shake him loose." Funny guy with some serious motivation, I saw him around 5:00 p.m. and he started that morning.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

this is exactly why I love our jobs

Bethany said...

I love that you actually stopped and talked to this man ... nobody does that anymore (unfortunately this includes myself). So great!

Sarah Pulliam said...

Ah ha! I found you. You should post the intern photos...or at least e-mail them out. :)

Anonymous said...

ALways talking to strangers..Bums at bus stations or guys cutting logs..