Monday, July 2, 2007

Sunday Drive

photo by Anna Sherwood


At one point on yesterday's drive I asked Anna to roll her window down and just "soak it in", like Dad used to say to us as kids. I just wanted to remember driving down the mountain in my sun soaked car on a Sunday evening. For some reason Dashel & The Robot's song, "Blink" was in my mind. "Blink and you're four years older, blink and you're still afraid." Who knows how quick things will change? It isn't that my life is destined to become less exciting, I actually plan on the contrary happening. I can imagine the feelings of youth may become increasingly fleeting. Which is fine, Robert Doisneau once said that "We only think things are beautiful because they are fleeting." So either way I still have alot to look forward to.

No comments: