Friday, December 7, 2007

The Tidwell's




Allan and Leah have been married for 70 years. In football yards that would be an excellent punt return. In grandchildren it is slightly less than twice how many Allan and Leah have. As soon as I walked in they showed me a photograph of them when they were both 21 years old. Allan said he keeps it near their bed and looks at it every morning when he wakes up and thinks, "Man, what a good looking guy." As he says this Leah is softly bobbing up and down with wise laughter holding two hands on both side of her head signifying a "big head" while she sits down. I asked them why they, after 70 years still hold hands when they sit next to each other. Leah says with a chuckle, "We're just holding on to each other for dear life."

3 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

I want to be them.

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

Just a funny coincidence: I was looking for pics of my dear Aunt Leah who just past away last month and stumbled onto your blog. Funny thing is--I went to HHS, and my sister dated your brother Jeff in High School, my mom took painting lessons from your mom, and I was in your dad's missionary prep sunday school class. Small World. Thank you for the lovely pictures of a beautiful couple. Cheers!

Sparkle Mama said...

Mike... this is Laura Zang (Jaynes). I am Rachel Mickelsen's sister. She left the comment about our Aunt Leah (mickelmonkeymama). Thanks for posting those pics and blog. Too cool! I was trying to find Jeff (your bro) on facebook and other stuff to see what he is up to. Can you email me his info. or send him mine? Just checking in on an old friend. My email address is sparklemama@gmail.com and blog is http://blingblangzangs.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much :)