Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jed Cowley - Slideshow & Trailer

(CLICK TOP PHOTO FOR AUDIO SLIDESHOW COURTESY OF DESERETNEWS.COM)(CLICK BOTTOM PHOTO FOR JED'S FILM'S TRAILER)

Before Sundance came around I decided that I wanted to follow one filmmaker around to show our readers what it is like trying to promote a film at the festival. It is a great honor to even be selected, but the work does not stop with merely having a screening at the festival. It was very intresting to follow Jed Cowley around, he is from Oregon, did his undergrad at BYU and is now attending Columbia University in New York. I always tell people my favorite thing about photography is the people. I love to see, feel, and tell how talented, dynamic, devoted, and interesting people are through photography. It was a great opportunity and very inspiring to follow him around for Sundance. -Jed's film, Loss of a Wrestling Match" is available on NetFlix and iTunes. For more information please visit www.lossofawrestlingmatch.com. Give him some buzz, he deserves it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I see Bill Pullman! Nice work mein freund.

calanan said...

I love the shot at -1:06 as well as the next two of him receiving portraits. The slideshow as a whole is presented so very well.

Liz said...

now that I've had time to catch up on blogs, I'm quite impressed with your sundance work so far (and jealous that I can't be there shooting it too..).

also, hinckley died? suddenly I feel so out of the slc loop.

Christian Murdock said...

Mike,
Nice job on the Sundance slideshow. Congrats on the full-time position too. We need to hook up sometime. Snowboarding?
Christian