Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Heidelberger Schloss





Sitting with my back against the wall, Mitch and I gathered determination for a midnight hike from inside a glowing yellow bar in the center of Heidelberg. Looking down the establishment and through the giant front windowns I could see the castle glow hit the clouds. We climbed up the path to the castle gardens, walking through soaking orange patches of streetlight mixed with night. I saw the steps into the garden and the dark shadow where my dad hid and scared me over fifteen years earlier. So good to be back.

10 comments:

Mrs. E said...

These photos leave me speechless. They are almost like paintings! You really have been blessed with a gift.

NJ said...

Fantastic photos Mike! I someday have to get to Europe!

Mademoiselle C. said...

Wonderful lights...

johnwaire said...

really digging the 1st shot...

schweet!

Denise said...

Man, the first and second are my favorites. Nice work! Amazing photos.

Jennifer said...

Man, Mikey... these pics make me so nostalgic for home. Cannot believe I haven't been there in 12 years - sometimes seems like yesterday - sometimes like it was all a dream. What a place to do some awesome growing up... completely amazing all the time :) Look forward to the day I get to make my first trip back.

Unknown said...

Wow, I was there last summer! It's awesome to see these pics! Such a great place to be, Heidelberg =)

photography by Mikki said...

Mike,

you create fantastic images. They truly tell a story at every post. I went to Heidelberg a few years ago, I have some friends that teach school there at the army base. Anyways, this castle is awesome. It makes me excited to go back in a few months. Great work as always.

Sparkle Mama said...

Awwwwww- I miss it there a lot! I loved seeing these pictures...brought back memories. I have a great pic of the castle taken by your brother that I just love...photo skills must run in the fam :) Take care.

hairpiece said...

What evs... You are just trying to impress Adolf.