Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh Crap. Yanni Influenced my Childhood.

So I had to post this, just barely walked out of a Yanni concert for work. Anyways, all day I've been making jokes about it, saying stuff like I forgot he even existed till today, etc. etc. Sarcastically acting like I was super pumped to shoot his show, and on and on. I do remember Yanni playing at home when I was a kid, I think I even liked it back then, used to get me pumped to clean my room. Anyways, in the beginning of his show he warmly greeted the crowd as they cheered for him and he made some interesting body gestures, one of which caught my eye.



Now I just barely started Facebook like yesterday and my older brother had some pictures posted of us as kiddies on there. Just minutes ago as I was sending pictures back to the paper from the concert I saw this picture (above) and immediately remembered seeing this picture (below) on Bill's Facebook page.


I don't think I need to tell you who the little circus monkey in the middle is.

So here I sit in my car outside of the arena, humbled by the fact that Yanni, as much as I was ripping on him and the music today...probably had some sort of effect on little Mikey. Woah.

7 comments:

Mrs. E said...

I am laughing out loud!! Trash talking always comes back to bit us in the ...! Well, it bites! Two things: #1. You were adorable as a kid! #2. I am old enough to be your mother and I have had FB for over a year. (Guess you've been busy taking amazing pictures--while I've been playing around on that site.)

Sarah Kaye said...

You little circus monkey. That is hilarious. Fred's girlfriend was at that show. You remember Fred, right? And playing Guitar Hero at his house with a bunch of other people you didn't know. Loads of fun. But not nearly as fun as a Yanni concert and realizing what an influence he was on your life. HAhahaha

Sarah Kaye said...

Welcome home, by the way

Elias Larkin said...

Rad!

Nancy Roche said...

This is ironic to read, because I remember people frequently immitated your gestures while we were power knocking or playing tourist. I thought it was your natural charisma. Maybe Yanni got it from you.

Sparkle Mama said...

ha ha- too funny!

Mary said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the laugh I just had.