Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Belated Christmas


I didn't have a PDF version of the page until just now...sorry for the delay.
This was the first year I have been asked to do the Christmas cover for the paper and this is how it turned out. I went to the Madeleine's Christmas Carol Service for the photo. It had been a really hectic couple of days and sitting on the ground in the packed Cathedral, right in front of the front pew barrier I just got to sit and listen to the music. I had been racking my brain and creativity for a photo to submit for the cover and in the days preceding I hadn't come up with much of anything. Maybe I needed the music to mellow me out and pull me out of my own head. The higher ups and work gave me some free range in pitching the photos and design idea, I was super pumped we put the masthead right on the photo. So, Seasons Greetings everyone, and thank you for looking and following the blog.

3 comments:

Andrea :) said...

What a great picture! Congrats on getting to do the cover! Merry Christmas to you, too :)

Neil Blake said...

Hey Mike, I know I'm not a regular contributor to your blog here, but this looks sweet! A happy marriage of design and photography.

Neil Blake said...

Mike, I keep coming back to this layout. I'm splitting my time between shooting and design at my paper and hope to someday talk the editors into doing something like this. I think it'd have to be Christmas or 9/11. Something to warrant the size. Anyway. Great work as always. Cheers.