Sunday, January 16, 2011

Uh-Oh

(Top: Bill Walker in launch mode, Bottom: close up of a NBA jersey smashed onto my 24-70.)

To borrow the words of the preeminent contemporary philosopher; Jay-Z:

"Say whattup to Ty-Ty, still sippin' mai tai's
sittin' courtside, Knicks & Nets give me high five
I be Spike'd out, I could trip a referee,..."

It's almost the same as a high five when a New York Knick lands on you. To see this from another angle check HERE.

I've been landed on before and never been helped up before this time. And when you're in one of those little chairs (see link) and you fall backwards, it is awful. Last game when Earl Watson fell on me I was like a poor turtle on it's back. A season ticket holder had to put down his beer and step down to the press row and lift me back up.

Walker even asked if I was alright, caught me off guard I was almost like, "so....uhm...are we like friends now? Can I call you next time I'm in New York?..." I even half expected him to throw me his jersey after the game like that Mean Joe Green Coca-Cola COMMERCIAL from way back.