Monday, December 18, 2006

Mom

My mom is hilarious...I emailed her last night and after explaining what a blog was I told her I her I had started one. One of my motivations for starting this is sometimes it hard for her and my dad to get the paper I work for, as they take a different one. In order to show her the photos from the stories I tell her about I figured I could post a few. She wrote me back this morning, "i didn't want to comment because people can read the comments and gushy things from mom might be suspect." I am at that stage where only 4 people know about this blog one of which being my mom so I really look forward to seeing comments. So to prove I am open to any comment, gushy or otherwise this post is dedicated to my mom Edna. This photo is from the summer, she was showing a friend some of her new plants in the garden and when she walked out the back porch door I made her sit down for a quick portrait. My favorite pictures of her always have the constant setting of the back yard. During my mission the picture I had of her was at the edge of one of the gardens lining the yard. She had a handful of weeds grasped in white garden gloves, dirt on her knees and shoes, hardly any makeup, and pearl earrings in beautiful Brigham City evening light. She was smiling like she is in this photo, half happy, half humoring her son with the camera.

No comments: